Tuesday, March 4, 2008

5 weeks and counting

Here's how it feels to be me:

I am dead tired by 8 P.M., ready to sleep all night.
I am still tired at 7 A.M., but my body doesn't want to be in bed anymore, it's sore.
My hips are all loose and my back is all tight.
I can't eat much, my stomach resides somewhere between my spleen and my trachea.
To kneel and pray, my legs have to be spread out to make room for my tummy.
Sitting down and bending over to put on kids' shoes, just not happening.
I really want to eat pumpkin bread, I really don't want to eat dinner.
At 4 P.M. I often need a time out for crankiness and a nap.
My stomach is practicing with little hick-up contractions.
I cry over ruined dinner and spend the night hiding in my room.
I can't wait to have this little girl come meet us, but I'm worried that I'm not ready yet either.

1 comment:

LuckyMatt said...

Brooke, you are a fabulous wife and mommy, even with pregnancy in the way in so many ways. Thanks for all you do!