Thursday, November 29, 2007

Seeing into the future (or womb)

We (the baby and me) had our ultrasound last week amid the holiday rush. Matt was there too. The kids were home with a babysitter. I love the ultrasound experience. About the time when I start really feeling bustlings inside me, I get to watch them on screen too. This time we got an especially great view of the heart, all four chambers, valves etc. And we saw a cute face, fingers, toes, spine, brain, legs and elbows. All the essentials. Then we looked down under.

And what to our wondering eyes should appear but a little girl waiting to bolster the estrogen around here! We were kind of thinking girl. And I'll admit that I was thinking a little less kamikaze-like boyishness would be helpful to my nerves (and my house's walls).

Parenthetically, when Matt got home from the doctor (where I was still waiting to talk to the midwife) to work from the house, the kids asked "Where have you been anyway?" But they never asked if they would be having a brother and sister. They finally caught on and when I got home we told them. The girls cheered; Scott looked confused and then crestfallen. Then his little lip quivered and he looked really sad. He asked "Why didn't Heavenly Father want to make it a boy?" We assured him that maybe He would send a boy next time. (Oh dear.)

So now we are in the baby name list-making stage. So if you've got any good ideas. . .

6 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Hurray! Serious jealousy over here. I am wondering if I will ever have another girl. If we ever do get one, we'll name her Anne. So don't use that!

I also like:
Kate
Ella
Reagan
Bailey
Ashlyn

Laura said...

I second the vote on Ella and Ashlyn. I really love Kate, but I know you have a neice named that. I don't know how you feel about doubling up names within the family.

Brooke said...

Those are good ones. Others we are considering (well, at least I am) are
Lily
Ava
Summer
and I've already forgotten all the others.

Brooke said...

Oh yeah, and I like Pearl. Call me crazy, but I do. And Lauren.

Laura said...

Ooo! I love Ava. I would name my own girl that if my husband didn't dislike the name so much.

I think Pearl is like Grace or Ruth--classic and beautiful.

Not that my opinion matters in the least when you are naming your children, but nonetheless, that's what I think.