Friday, November 16, 2007

Baby spirits

After Scott's surgery, I was holding him as he slept off his anesthesia. He was in a bit of pain and not entirely happy. But for the moment he was sleeping. As I rested, I could feel his heart beating on my stomach. I thought about when I could hear my new baby's heartbeat emmanating from the same place. What happy thoughts and feelings.

My mind flitted to surgery. I wondered if Scott's angel Grandpa was perhaps with him through surgery. It made me happy to think that. Just then, under Scott's leg, I felt a strong kick and movement that lasted several minutes. I haven't felt the baby move like that ever. The thought occured to me that maybe Scott's little brother or sister was there with him instead. It seemed right.

Who knows? Maybe those we guard through life were guarding us first.

1 comment:

Laura said...

What profound thoughts that brought tears to my eyes!