Monday, December 3, 2007

Carefree charity

The other day I was slightly (ever so slightly) raising my voice to get the attention, change the behavior or just voice my displeasure of one of my already birthed children for the millionth time. It wasn't the most charitable moment of parenting. Just then I felt our little un-birthed girl give a little kick. It gave me cause to ponder.

Feeling her move reminded me of a wholely unslefish act, a nine month trip down maternity lane, that I started four months ago. I was grateful for the reminder. Even as I was being uncharitable from my own mouth, my body was giving its all for someone else in complete charity. I can be good and giving person. It just happens to be easier when you only have to make one decision and it gives you nine whole months of good acts!

No comments: