Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Let the appointments begin. . .

I went in for my "orientation"/sign up appointment Monday. I was there an hour doing paperwork, blood and other bodily fluid work. Blah. I waited 20 minutes just to drop off my pee (and get blood drawn). Doctor (or midwife) appointments are not my favorite part of pregnancy. Could it be the endless waiting room minutes, or the endless half naked minutes on a very uncomfortable table in an appointment room waiting for my nurse midwife to examine all my pregnancy glory or the endless search for babysitters so my two boys don't have to make the endless minutes turn into near eternity?

So now I am official, kind of. I will be back next Monday and will hopefully hear a little heartbeat, a decidedly happy part of any appointment. Let's pray there aren't two. (Did I mention that I dreamt that I was having twins? It was undeniably a nightmare of drastic proportions. Twins for children 5 and 6? Ahhhh! Did I mention my dear aunt has twins for number 8 and 9 and still had a number 10? And do you know that I like endless parenthetical comments?)

P.S. I am now officially due on April 8, or was it April 5? I'm sticking to my original date of April 6. Maybe I should choose another day. No one else seems to agree, date wheels, nurses, my own rich and full BSN education, so who cares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say go ahead and pick whatever due date you want. Babies don't ever come on "the date" anyway.

As for me, when people asked when I was due I told them, "The beginning of December, but I'm shooting for November sometime." And wouldn't you know, that little angel came in November!