Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Can I see your tummy?

About a month ago, Andrew developed a keen interest in my tummy. He always wants to see my tummy. This must be bare skin. So I untuck, uncover and let him see my baby bump. He rubs it and kisses it and lays his head on it. It's very endearing.

Once, several weeks ago, he was seeing my tummy when he hopped down off the couch. He took a few running steps, paused to turn around and said to me sternly,
"Don't go away."

He kept his eyes on me as he took a few steps, "Don't go." And off he ran. It was clear that I was NOT to put my tummy away. He came back in a few seconds with a wet wipe from his room. He hopped up on the couch and started wiping my tummy. He kept at it for quite some time, till the wipe was all dried up.

This became a new tradition. Andrew would ask to see my tummy, I'd whip it out, he'd run for a wipe and clean me off. It is quite cute and sweet although I'm not sure what he thinks he's cleaning.

A few days ago, I was straitening up the nursery for our imminent arrival when I found this stash:

I'm hoping they are just nice and clean from my tummy, but I'm not taking any chances.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a really sweet story! :)

Paige said...

What a cute little boy you have. My kids would do the kiss and cuddle thing but I never got a wipe down.

Shell said...

cute! I wonder what he's thinking when he does that?

Anonymous said...

I just love that precious boy! What a dear!

chelse said...

andrew is turning into a sly little sucker isn't he.... that's awesome, and cute